Fields of application of polystyrene blocks in accordance with GOST R 33929-2016
Type of polystyrene concrete
Type of the product
Grade on the average density
Compression strength class (grade)
– Thermal insulation of … attic floors
D150 – D225
Heat-insulating and structural
– External curtain walls up to 25 storey **
D250 – D350
В0,5 – В1,0
– Cross-void elements
– External prefabricated monolithic walls with an internal supporting reinforced concrete frame of low-rise (1 – 3 storey) buildings ***
D300 – D350
В0,75 – В1,0
– External load-bearing walls of low-rise (1 – 2 storey) buildings ***
D400 – D600
В1,5 – В2,5
– External curtain walls and load-bearing walls
* When installing waterproofing protection against groundwater.
** For a feasibility study, it is allowed to use blocks in grade of density D225 and strength class B0.35 in external curtain walls of buildings.
*** With a feasibility study, it is possible to use in buildings with higher floors.